Danish Crafts & Design Association
- The Biennale for Crafts & Design is a competition and exhibition for all professional craftsmen and designers.
- Biennale award: 100.000DKR. Established in 1995.
- Crafts Fair, Copenhagen: The largest out door fair in Scandinavia showcasing more than 130 professional craftsmen. Established in 1983.
- To work for the development of Danish crafts and design
- To care for members interest in all matter concerning trade, continued development and education
- To propagate for knowledge of and use of craftsmen and designers and their works in all parts of the society
- To strengthen and coordinate the area of crafts and design with special reference to create knowledge and recognition for crafts and design as a cultural factor
Board and committees:
- Cultural policy
- Schools of crafts and design
- Museums and galleries
- The Biennale for Craft and Design biennalen.dk
- The Crafts Fair at Frue Plads in Copenhagen www.craftsfair.dk
- Coordination of participation in exhibitions and competitions in Denmark and abroad
- Since 2010 part of NNCA, Nordic Network of Crafts Associations
- Since 2012 the national entity of World Crafts Council – Europe
- Exhibitions, artist talks and happenings at Officinet
Current exhibition at Officinet - Bredgade 66, Copenhagen:
Opening Show: Friday 7 October at 5pm
Heike Jacobsen (Denmark), ceramics
Anni Fiil (Denmark), paper
Silke Lazarevic (Germany), jewellery
Susanne Koch (Germany), ceramics
The exhbition runs from 8th - 30th of October 2016.
Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 12 - 4 pm
Supported by Danish Arts Foundation and Danish Art Workshops.
Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 3pm - 7.30 pm
You may contact us for information about the association and our activities: Danish Crafts & Design Association Bredgade 66 DK-1260 Copenhagen K firstname.lastname@example.org +45 33 15 29 40 (Tuesday - Friday 12 - 4 pm)
Pinterest: Danish Crafts and Design